Alterra is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team in our Head office. The Business Development Manager is responsible to drive sustainable financial growth through improving position in the market, identify rising business opportunities, increase revenue, maximizing profits, and forging strong, long-term relationships with clients. Well encouraged, possesses leadership skills and suggests ideas for the company’s development.
He/she will be naturally curious, results-driven, and eager to bring our product/services to new markets.
1. Market Positioning & Identify Opportunities
- Evaluate a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Recommend research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Formulate and overseeing new market initiatives
- Responsible for ensuring that all company requirements regards new accounts creation are met
- Summary on successes and areas needing improvements
2. Revenue & Profits Focused
- Analyze new sales leads
- Sells products and services provided by the business while Determining the value and profitability of each deal
- Responsible for ensuring that all customers created sustainably growing demands
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones
3. Relationship Cultivation
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Responsible for ensuring the creation and retention of new customers
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events.
4. Management Excellence
- Responsible for the generation, implementation/execution, and achievements of the Business Development Plan for the area with very clear objectives & targets, strategies & tactical action plans, responsibilities/accountabilities and deadlines.
- Responsible for effective business development team management - ensuring that the team is complete/adequate, competent, highly motivated and that relevant training programs are regularly conducted in order to achieve targets & objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring that each team member has KPIs and targets and monitors achievements periodically
- Responsible for cultivating team members' work ethics and culture according to the company's vision, mission, and values.
- Responsible for solving all problems that any team member faces and liaising with the relevant departments to ensure the problems are solved as soon as possible.
- Responsible for performing any other duties assigned by superiors / senior management
- Bachelor in business, sales, management or relevant field
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role with minimum 7 years experiences
- Proven sales track record
- Knowledge of or experience with sales methods
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate across different levels
- Notable interpersonal skills with a positive work ethic and ability to provide both positive and negative feedback effectively
- Willingness to travel regularly to attend and host meetings and assist with general management duties
- Market knowledge
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
Alterra is the leading business to business tech company that provides a various services such as, bill payment aggregator, distribution network, promotional platform, tech academy, integrated government water system, attendance system, hotel and restaurant tax optimisation system, and others. We are currently already partnered with over 200 e-commerce & digital commerce in Indonesia, with 600+ employees (and still counting!) located in 4 big cities in Indonesia (Jakarta, Malang, Jambi and Bali).